Tuesday 14 August 2012

Weekly Round/Wrap Up



 Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon


One of my favourite memes hosted by the lovely Shelia over at Book Journey! This week my Weekly Round Up has been hijacked as a Readathon wrap up! The Readathon was hosted by Jennifer at Some Like It Paranormal and Jude at In Between!

Side Note- Bad Blogging week! I was unexpectedly needed in the country due to personal reasons. I attempted to schedule some posts- as usual it didn't work!

Read!


*Plus* The Future of Us by Kahlen Aymes!

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan.
Just as good as I'd hoped! Spark is firmly on my TBR list, hoping my local library will get a copy in!
Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide To Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling.
NetGallery request- realistic, funny and witty! Great quick read.
Because of Low by Abbi Glines.
Random Kindle book (downloaded the kindle app due to NetGallery!). Really loved it, very character driven which is always a winner when the characters are written well!
The Future of Us by Kahlen Aymes.
Free kindle download- easy enjoyable read, not my favourite of the week!

Goals Met?
Prediction= 6 Result= 4
I have to take responsibility for poor packing of reading material on my unexpected trip.
But I was already behind due to Olympic Fever!! I soaked up Team GB's massive success and the impressive London 2012 games so much I had little time for anything- whoops!
Once again the curse of the TBR list attacked!
I only manged to read one book of my list- I saved so many books  for this readathon and then got distracted.
I still enjoyed readathon and four  books isn't too bad!

Readathon posts!

Launch post complete with aims and list of books I didn't end up reading! Here
Update and challenge post here

What's next?
Book wise-

 

I'm tempted by the Bout of Books Readathon as I don't feel I really got the chance to get involved with this one- plus my TBR list has grown too much!

Reviews
I made review notes on my Readathon books so those reviews should be up soon!

Let me know what you've been reading!
Much Love
Lettie
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Glow was good but sad and disturbing. I enjoyed Beautiful Disaster and hope you do too when you get to it. Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I'd describe Glow!
      I loved Beautiful Disaster- already reviewed it :)
      Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite memes as well, I always love to see what everyone else is up to :) Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Have a great week of reading!
    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it :) I always find something new for my TBR list!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I highly recommend it :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!