Monday 11 June 2012

Challenges!

Hey!

I am firmly (fingers crossed!) back into reading for fun!
To kick start what I foresee as a summer of books I've signed up for a few challenges!

Those Books I Should Have Read 2012 Reading Challenge
hosted by Reading With Martinis

This is the perfect summer challenge for me as I have so many books I feel I should of read by now or that sit on my book shelf taunting me! This one will work especially well this summer as I have a brand new bookcase so I will be going through all of my books and seeing what lurks in the back rows hidden from view!

I'm aiming for level two which is twelve books- hopefully not aiming too high!
Books I've got lined up for this one so far are-
  1. All of the Hunger Games trilogy- I will be counting them separately!
  2. The Hobbit- My best friend has been recommending this one since Primary school, with the movie coming out this year I thought it was high time I got around to reading it!
  3. The Percy Jackson Series- Will probably just count the first one of this series as they are pretty short!
  4. Heaven's Net is Wide by Lian Hearn- This book taunts me from my book shelf at home.
I've already started on this one by finally reading the Hunger Games- I even skipped the film as I felt I should at least read the book first...

Dystopia 2012 Challenge
hosted by Bookish Ardour

I know I'm late to get in to this genre! Dystopia never really appealed to me but the Hunger Games have sucked me in and I'm determined to give it a fair chance!
I'm aiming for the asocial level of 5 books which I've already picked out!
  1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  2. Catching Fire bySuzanne Collins
  3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  4. Matched by Ally Condie
  5. Crossed by Ally Condie
I think I can even go for the extra challenges of gender battle seeing as both authors are female and World if I'm right in thinking Matched is set in America.

Finishing the Series Reading Challenge 2012
hosted by Socrates Book Review Blog

During University I became terrible for starting series and then getting bogged down by work and never finishing them! It's half the reason I never started The Hunger Games!

I'm aiming for Level Two which is two series's
  1. Tales of the Otori series- I have Heaven's Net is Wide and The Harsh Cry of the Heron left to read. Both of which are sat on my shelf staring me down!
  2. The Chronicles of Pellinor- I have the majority left, The Riddle, The Crow and The Singing.
These two especially Pellinor are most subject to change as I empty my bookcase because I have a feeling I probably have a few series of which I own all the books!

My plan at the moment is for the first two challenges to be mostly wrapped up by the end of summer with the series challenge lasting until December.
A few of the books overlap but that's just coincidence!

I'm excited to get stuck in and read books I've had around for ages for fun not work!

Much Love
Lettie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!